Step One College has many teachers that come from many countries. They have good experience in teaching.
Established in 2006, Step One College provides a modern education experience, employing proven methods of teaching to ensure students obtain the best possible outcomes from their efforts. Our mission is to help people reach their maximum potential as language learners. We aim to do this by providing a wide variety of courses and study options that take into account the students’ previous language learning experiences, students’ own cultures and we also concentrate on the students’ future plans. Students' progress is carefully monitored so that they receive all the support they need.
Step One College is located conveniently near Sydney Town Hall right in the middle of the central business district. It can be reached easily by public transport.
There are plenty of food courts, shopping centres, banks and restaurants close to the school. Step One College is also in close walking distance to many famous tourist attractions including the Queen Victoria Building, Darling Harbour, the Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
Many of our teachers have lived overseas. All have taught in Australia and some have experience in teaching overseas. Our teachers can help students understand Australian culture and society as many of them are born in Australia or have lived here for a very long time.
All are well qualified having university degrees, diplomas and certificates in TESOL. Some staff also hold postgraduate qualifications in linguistics and TESOL.
OTHER SERVICES WE PROVIDE FOR YOU
Step One College can arrange homestay accommodation, share house, student dormitory for you, or alternatively, you can find your own. Sharing accommodation is very popular with students in Sydney so there are often share flats and apartments advertised on college notice boards, the internet and in newspapers.
Step One College offers excursions as part of external activities including visits to Sydney Aquarium, Powerhouse Museum, Hide Park, New South Wales Art Gallery, Taronga Zoo and among others locations. These excursions have been well received by all students that seem enjoying these sorts of activities.
There is a fantastic Library on Level 2 in the same building where Step One College is situated. Our students can use this facility for FREE! The SMSA Library is a perfect place to spend a quiet lunch hour or visit before/after class for studying. E-magazines, E- books, Audiobooks are also free and can be viewed on your smartphone, tablet or computer.
Australia is one of the best countries in the world to live while you study English, and Sydney is the best destination to study English for international students because you can experience cultural diversities as Sydney offers multicultural environments.
There are so many more great reasons why Sydney is the perfect place to live, study and experience, so please come here and connect yourself with the world!
- Last Tuesday, we invited agents for Lunch with Step One College. Thanks for everyone for coming. It was an enjoyable day. We are very looking forward to seeing you guys soon again!
- Good Friday is a Christian religious holiday commemorating the crucifixion of Jesus Christ and his death at Calvary. The holiday is observed during Holy Week as part of the Paschal Triduum on the Friday preceding Easter Sunday, and may coincide with the Jewish observance of Passover. It is also known as Holy Friday, Great Friday,
- Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start blogging!
The students will learn to improve ability to:
• understand spoken English
• communicate in common situations by using language functions and the appropriate vocabulary
• read and understand high frequency vocabulary and simple sentences
• write paragraphs with accurate spelling and punctuation and to understand and use accurately grammatical structures.
Don’t be scared by the name “IELTS”, but this course is the perfect transition introducing Academic or Professional English.
This course provides a comprehensive introduction to higher level English Language courses which are becoming more and more popular and necessary every year, such as: Cambridge FCE, IELTS, EAP and Advanced level general English courses.Read More
This course is for you If:
• you want to study at university or college in the near future
• you need an IELTS score for visa purposes
• you have good everyday English but want to be a more sophisticated user of English.
If your answer is “Yes” to one or more of the questions below, you should consider FCE Preparation at Step One!!
• Do you feel that your English is fairly good, but hasn’t improved beyond the level of day-to-day communication?
• Do you want to use English as an effective tool for better employment?
• Do you simply want to keep studying English, but want something other than General English?